Monday 7 November 2011

Chichen Itza

After a full day and night in Merida chilling and wandering around the city I made my next stop to the 1st wonder of the world on my trip...

Along with many many coach loads of people and surrounded by hideous tourists (wearing items of clothing that could have only been bought from gift shops), I was herded through into the main arena of souvenirs and the ruins (in that priority order!).

The structures where pretty vast & impressive and I learnt some interesting stuff that I won't bore you with now. Oh except just one thing which is that Chichen Itza is built on top of loads of other Mayan cities so while you are walking around you are actually walking across unexcavated cities which are stupidly old!

Anyway, I completed my guided tour and did the usual 'have your photo taken in front of the Pyramid' - (see the cheesy grin below!) and was ready to leave. There are only so many times you can hear 'I give you good price' in 1 day!

xxx