Sunday 8 January 2012

Next stop Costa Rica!

After another day relaxing in Gigante and getting over Christmas, we decided it was time to move on and so began a long long trip to our next stop Costa Rica for New Year!

The journey started at 7am and throughout the day we took about 4 buses and a taxi and were on the road about 14 hours!

With it being between Christmas & New Year, the border crossing was soooo busy, crazy & intense. We had to wait in line for about 2 hours, it was boiling hot and we were carrying all of our stuff - fail!

But once we were successfully over the border - we headed for our next destination of Playa Tamarindo to meet up with Pam's friend Hoang, who had come to party with us for New Years!

Throughout my whole trip, I had heard mixed reviews about Costa Rica with lots of people advising me not to stop there at all - mainly due to the price of everything compared to the rest of Central America, but also the tourist takeover factor! Lots of people seemed to travel direct from Nica - Panama and skip it altogether, which is something I considered and very nearly went through with. But I then decided, I was keen to make up my own mind about the country even if I just spent a few days there...

xxx